Classes & Speaking Engagements
Marion Gropen teaches two ways: online and in-person. Teaching is her first love, and it shows.
The first online course will be offered soon. When you have finished it, you will be able to:
- Predict your cash flows, and take corrective action when necessary.
- Increase your profits, through improved tactics.
- Predict your results when acquiring, launching and marketing books.
- Understand the implications of unfamiliar deals and make the best choices.
- Plan for the future more effectively.
- Estimate how much capital you need and when.
- Protect your investment, as well as get the biggest profit possible.
You will get:
- chapters discussing each week's topic for eight weeks,
- spreadsheet templates you can keep and adapt to your own situation,
- practice problems, and
- membership in a private email-based discussion group where we all ask and answer questions about the material, and about how it might apply to your situation.
The price contemplated is $150 per student. If you wish to be notified when the start date has been set, or just want more details, please contact me by email.
Hear Her Live
Marion also speaks on publishing topics for organizations across the country. Some of her engagements include:
- PMA-University, New York, NY, May, 2009.
- NY Center for Independent Publishing, New York, NY, April 2009
Profitable Publishing in Tough Times
- NorCalPA, Sacramento, CA, April 2009
Profits and Losses for Publishes and Authors
- CIPA, Denver, CO, March, 2009
- Make More Profitable Decisions
- PMA Online Webinar, November, 2008
- PMA-University, Los Angeles, CA, May, 2008.
- Building Budgets: A Step-By-Step Approach
- P&Ls For Publishers and Acquisition Editors
- PMA-University, New York, NY, May, 2007.
- Budget Your Way to Bigger Profits
- Making Profitable Financial Choices: How to Find Your Best Options
- Building a 5-Year Business Plan: How to Design a Successful Model for Your Company
- Profitable Books: How to Choose Winners
- PMA Online Webinar, November, 2007
- Brooklyn Small Press Fair, June 17, 2006.
- What Publishers Wish Authors Knew.
- PMA-University, Washington, DC, May, 2006.
- Panel Organizer/Speaker: Surviving Success: What to Do Before, As and After A Book Breaks Out
- Making More Profitable Choices: How to Find Your Best Option
- Building Better Budgets: Using Them to Improve Your Bottom Line
- PMA-University, New York, NY, June, 2005
- Panel Organizer/Speaker: Tools to Help You Make More Profitable Decisions
- Connecticut Authors' and Publishers' Association University, Hartford, CT, May, 2005.
- Planning for Success - Tools for the Small Publisher
- ICE Escape, Phoenix, AZ, March, 2005.
- Allocating Resources
- Avoiding Problems
- Authors Need to Know . . .
- SPAN, Philadelphia, PA, October, 2004.
- PMA-University, June, 2004
If you would like Marion to speak to your group, contact her.
Complimentary scripts for several of these courses are available. Email her for details.